Thursday 27 June 2013

War And Violence Are Not Entertainment!


Machine Gun

"War And Violence should not be entertainment!"

These were the words I received from a spirit nudge yesterday whilst trying to find PS3 games suitable for Vini (12 years old) to play at my home when he visits with my brother Ben and his wife Rosie.

My background with video games...

I've played video games my whole life, starting with 'Pong', then my Dad bought a 'ZX80' & a 'Video Genie System' and all I remember playing on it was 'Space Invaders'. Then came the 'Commodore 64' and we broke many joysticks playing 'Way Of The Exploding Fist' and many more fighting and shooting games, then the 'Commodore Amiga!' This was a fantastic games machine in the late 80's & 90's and really stepped up the quality and quantity of these genres.

Now The PlayStation...

Since I was a boy i've always wanted the most violent and brutal shooting and fighting games but nothing could be made as there just wasn't enough processor speed or memory to do the job. 

I've always thought playStations are amazing, I've owned a 'PlayStation 1 & 2' and I currently own a 'PlayStation 3' used as my DVD player for bible studies (this still makes me smile).

Since the release of the 'PlayStation 1' I've loved playing 'Tomb Raider', 'Resident Evil', 'Silent Hill' and 'Grand Theft Auto', GTA was especially brutal and pushed the boundries of just how wrong can we make a game, but I loved it!

📖 Verse 4 2day! 

Romans 12:2 (NIV)
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Back to childhood...

For the last couple of years, God's been cleaning out over 36 years of pollution that controls my thoughts, actions and tongue. Now with this latest message I hope to put the final nail in this huge coffin and be free of this addiction.

War and violence are horrific, brutal, destructive and uncaring, it leaves a trail of devastation through generations. It doesn't matter which side you're on, it still kills husbands, wives, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters and on, and on, and on….

Are we that tangled up in the worldly culture that we have been deceived and we don't even know it?

Is God trying to steer you away from something you know you shouldn't really be doing?

Are you just a fan of Jesus? Or do you know him? Do you trust him to transform your life with the renewing of your mind, and turn you into the person that God wants you to be, and not the person the world wants you to be?!

🙏 Prayer 4 2day! 

Father, please help us to be aware of the world and its destructive popular cultures. Help us to be the people you want us to be and not the people that blindly put idols on the throne where you belong, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment