Wednesday 19 June 2013

Is Your Worship In Vain??

Verse 4 2day logo blog

Matthew 15:8-9 (NIV)
“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules”

Isaiah 29:13 (NIV)
13 The Lord says:

“These people come near to me with their mouth
and honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
Their worship of me
is based on merely human rules they have been taught."

My Thoughts ๐Ÿ’ญ 

We spend countless hours checking, then double checking if everything is plugged in correctly, microphones, instruments, sound desk etc but we fail to leave time to plug our hearts into God! 

  • Have you followed the rules (I mean order of service) correctly and to the letter?
  • Have you dared to remain seated instead of standing during the song as you wouldn't want to be frowned upon would you?
  • Do you make sure you speak nicely during prayer, putting style over substance? 

๐Ÿ“– Another Verse 4 2day!  

Isaiah 1:15 (NIVUK)

When you spread out your hands in prayer,
I hide my eyes from you;
even when you offer many prayers,
I am not listening.
Your hands are full of blood!

More Thoughts ๐Ÿ’ญ 

I hope this will challenge you to focus on connecting your heart to God and not being distracted by what other people are doing, what clothes they're wearing, if they are sitting, standing, dancing, running, kneeling. Just connect with God as you can't worship for someone else! When you do, nothing else will matter anyway!

Don't just go to Church, BE THE CHURCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment