Tuesday 12 February 2013

Diet or Die✞

Diet or Die✞

Die✞ Logo


We see and hear all around how the world tells us about "Another fantastic new Diet that will transform our lives and bring us happiness." 

Is this true? 

I know from personal experience that any diet is very short lived. Whilst growing up I was encouraged to overeat so I've always had this particular struggle. After seemingly endless attempts at dieting over the numerous years I've tried losing weight. I've always managed to put on more weight than I lost! 

Things finally changed for me on New Years Eve 2012. I read Pete Briscoe's 'Experiencing Life Today' where he was talking about people always making New Years resolutions but failing all the time and then repeating this each year. He said that you need to have an inner "Revolution" NOT "Resolution" - resolutions rely on your OWN strength! 

So I jumped straight into Prayer and asked God for an inner REVOLUTION and as I'm in Christ, for him to grow the fruit of self control within me. It's now the beginning of February and a few days ago I had a Vision/Dream (the photo at top of my post is the picture I designed to help me remember it). 

I felt God was telling me that if I continue to live in the flesh and follow worldly Diet's, then I'd be caught in this cycle for the rest of my life. But if I crucify my flesh as Christ did for me then what Paul said in Galatians 5:24 is the path he's given me to follow.

Galatians 5:24

New International Version (NIV)

Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Galatians 5:24

The Message (MSG)

Among those who belong to Christ, everything connected with getting our own way and mindlessly responding to what everyone else calls necessities is killed off for good - crucified.

I was told by my lovely wife Sarah and my true friend and Christian brother Ben to post this on my Blog. I am not a writer by any means but my hope is that this may help you as it's helping me. 

I've tasted the self control fruit - as it's freed me from alcohol abuse, stopped me swearing and ended the uncontrollable anger and rage that I felt whilst I was coping with loosing my sight at the age of 24.  Now I Pray that I'll finally knock down this giant that has been taunting me my whole life! 

" If you focus on the giant then YOU will stumble but if you focus on GOD the giant will stumble."

 "Are you allowing the Holy Spirit, who is inside of you, to have His way with you and your body? Or are you trying to control things yourself? The answer to these questions can make all the difference in the world for you today!" (Pete Briscoe)

✞ Prayer                                                                                             "Jesus, I thank You for my body. Thank You for giving me this temporary vessel to live in on this earth. Today, I offer myself to You. All of me. Take my body and make it an instrument of Your righteousness. I surrender and ask that You would take control of it. Use it for Your glory as an instrument of worship, prayer, and loving service to those around me. Amen."

Follow up Posts

i am working on follow up posts to help explain how this is applied practically in every day life and to share what has happened(is happening) in my life as i learn what it means to be "Dead to Sin" and to "Crucify the Flesh" 

No comments:

Post a Comment